Monday, July 13, 2009

McDonalds Olympic Day Run 2009

Yes! I'm an olympian. Want to know why? Because the certificate from this run was signed by the olympic committee.


I wonder Ronald is running too?


The dynamic trio. From left: Colin, the Neo(of Matrix) wannabe, Honey, the first timer and me, the 'hebat' one.

The run was at Dataran Merdeka, Kuala Lumpur on the 12th of July 2009. It was kind of scary as the day was like this:


It's already 7 something and the weather was like this and windy.

If it rains, this would be my first run under the rain. I wonder my Nike pouch is water resistant? If not, I will need a new phone as my phone is my music player for all my runs.

There were so much people although there was not much publicity for the event.


I can kiss my RM 1000 prize goodbye!


Ronald flagged us off at 7.30 am sharp. I didn't notice him as we were standing at the back to prevent being mowed down by fast runners at the front.

The route was nearly the same as the New Balance Pacesetter 15Km run. So there was more down hill than up hill. Thank God!

Still, how can we win when we have opponents like these:


Our Malaysian walk racer, Yuan Yufang.


Kenyans are good runners!

The prizes were limited and the medals were for top 100 finishers only. Therefore I did not have a medal for this. :( But it was a great run though. Fun day to enjoy with good friends while staying healthy.


Here I come! Finishing time: 44 mins 19 seconds (44' 19" 47)


And here comes Colin.


Honey is here!


The finishers! From left: Me, Honey and Colin.


With our great hardcore fan, Michelle Tan. Thanks to her, the photos were possible.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you once again for participating! Huggies wooggies!!! :D

    ReplyDelete